Ballard of a Mallard


Join me as Deborah Sharma takes us on one of her journeys through Nature. By contemplating our surroundings, we allows ourselves to move past the appearance of imperfection to see there is actually perfect order at work. If we look deep enough and open up we can find out more about ourselves and connect with the oneness and divine energy that we are all a part of. ðŸ’•


Thank you for sharing this Deborah. 


Ballard of a Mallard - by Deborah Sharma


I was inspired to write this poem when walking on a trail during the Summer last year, practically mesmerized just watching the ducks and how they interact with each other. They have a strong sense of community, and their simplicity made me feel like I was over complicating my life.  Their one concern was survival as a group but I also saw love in their community, a non-judgemental, unconditional love.  


This made me reflect on my own relationships and my expectations of others.  Feeding them showed me how much they trusted a complete stranger yet afraid if I got too close.  Which made me ponder that I could also be hesitant of getting too close to situations/people that may appear harmful from someone that genuinely wants to help me. Even if that someone helping me is in fact myself, because I feel safe in the familiar, yet I know there is another part of me that wants to explore.  


Lastly, I admired their unwavering focus on the present task and situation at hand, and though we may be a more intelligent species, with our thought processes, this can sometimes work against us when we stress about them. 


I found it fascinating how nature can reflect many of our deepest attitudes and characteristics, and I highly recommend this deep observation, in fact writing this poem felt like I had to become a duck and that in itself was a beautiful meditative experience!  


Ballard of a Mallard

In the serene Autumn Sun’s glow

Bathed in the sleepy soft golden flow

As glistening on mallards’ velvety heads

Their vibrant lush green plumage spreads

To capture fleeting nourishing sun beams

They hastily waddle by shimmering streams

Pecking persistently in fervent hope

Searching urgently for ways to cope

As woeful Winter eagerly edges near

How will a hungry desperate duck fare?

Amid scarcity and starvation dangers,

Is the hope of kindness of strangers


~ Deborah Sharma 





Stay tuned for more to come from Deborah ðŸ’•



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🎶 What is Vibrational Sound Healing?

🌸 It's time to lighten your load!

Energy healing (Reiki or Chakra Balancing)